|Related Names:||Esquivel, Garza, Navarette, Nunez, Olibarro, Ullibarri, Ullivarri, Uribarri, Villanueva, Villareal|
This free name resource is powered, inspired and maintained by the community friendly domain registrar, Name.com. We offer domain names. premium domains, and cheap domain names. So whatever the origin, whether old or new, popular or rare, you can get your baby started with their very own web presence! Please join our effort by writing about a name subject not yet covered, or adding to an existing article. Muchas gracias.
ORIGIN AND HISTORY
Ulibarri is a regional surname. It is the name of a town in the Basque region of Spain, Navarre, which occupies a northern portion of the country.  There are also places in Álava, another Basque area, called Uribarri. 
The name comes from the Basque words “uri” meaning “village” and “barri” meaning “new.” 
WhitePages.com lists Ulibarri as number 12,653 on the list of most common surnames in the United States. The majority of people with this last name are to be found in New Mexico, followed by Colorado, California, Arizona and Utah. Within New Mexico, Ulibarri is ranked as the 184th most common surname.  Outside of the American Southwest, it is a very rare surname.
- Ulibarri is sometimes spelled with an accent either on the first “i” or the ending “i”: Ulíbarri or Ulibarrí
- There were nine people with the last name Ulibarri who served on the Union side of the Civil War. 
- The Basque (Euskara) language is not linguistically related to any other known language. 
- Ulibarri Farms Candy Company
- Ulibarri Programa: Basque language revitalization program for schools in Spain
- O’Brian and Ulibarri, P.C.: law firm in Albuquerque, NM.
- Sabine Ulibarri: poet, writer and educator (born September 21, 1919) 
- David Ulibarri: New Mexico Democratic Senator
- Anna Ullibarri: actress
- William J. Ulibarri: Command Sergent Major at Fort Benning, winner of "Best Ranger," U.S. Infantry
Author: Sarena Emily Levinson
|Meaning||new village +|
|Meaningnc||new village +|
|Rank in 2000s||0 +|
|Related||Esquivel +, Garza +, Navarette +, Nunez +, Olibarro +, Ullibarri +, Ullivarri +, Uribarri +, Villanueva +, and Villareal +|