|Meaning:||dweller by the Trent river, traveller, journey across, torrent|
|Related Names:||Trenten, Trentin, Trenton|
ORIGIN AND HISTORY
The name Trent originates as a location name used as a surname referring to a “dweller by the Trent River.” The Trent River traditionally marked the division of north and south England, flowing through Nottingham, Stoke-on-Trent and Burton.
According to the 1990 United States Census, Trent ranked as the 510th most popular male first name and the 1,281st most popular last name. In the United States, the name ranked in the Top 1,000 most popular boys' names six decades since 1880, including every decade since 1950. In the 21st century, the name has ranked in the Top 300 most popular boys' names each year from 2000 (232nd) through 2006 (287th).
United States Popularity of the boy's name Trent in the 21st Century.
- Year: 2006 Rank:287th
- Year: 2005 Rank:272nd
- Year: 2004 Rank:258th
- Year: 2003 Rank:248th
- Year: 2002 Rank:234th
- Year: 2001 Rank:209th
- Year: 2000 Rank:232nd
- Trent is the name of towns in South Dakota and Texas, USA.
- The ”Council of Trent” was the Roman Catholic Church’s Ecumenical Council in the 16th century that convened in Trento, Italy.
- "Trent University” is a science and liberal arts college in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.
- The “Trent Affair” was an incident during the American Civil War which almost sparked a war between the United States and the United Kingdom.
- "Rolls Royce Trent” is the nickname given to a group of high bypass turbofan engines.
- The “Trent Codices” are one of the largest and most important collection of European manuscripts, which date back to the 15th century.
- "Trent Park" is a park in London, England, which served as a prison during World War II.
- Chester Trent Lott Sr. – Former United States politician who served as House Minority Whip, Senate Majority Leader, Senate Minority Leader, and Senate Minority Whip.
- Trent Farris Dilfer – NFL quarterback who was elected to one Pro Bowl and won Super Bowl XXXV with the Baltimore Ravens in 2000.
- Trent Carl Wayne Oeltjen – A member of the silver medal Australian baseball team at the 2004 Athens Olympics.
- Robert Trent Jones, Sr. – Hall of Fame golfer.
- Michael Trent Reznor – Founder of the industrial rock band “Nine Inch Nails.”
- Trent Jason Green – NFL quarterback who was selected to two Pro Bowls (2003 & 2005).
- Trent Willmon – Country music singer and songwriter.
- Dr. John Trent – American author and President of “Strong Families.”
Trent Smith, Trent Johnson, Trent Williams, Trent Jones, Trent Brown, Trent Davis, Trent Miller, Trent Wilson, Trent Moore, Trent Taylor, Trent Aagard, Trent Abbe, Trent Abbott, Trent Abel, Trent Abernethy, Trent Abney, Trent Abraham, Trent Abrahamson, Trent Abrams, Trent Abshire, Trent Acheson, Trent Ackerman, Trent Ackerson, Trent Acklin, Trent Acosta, Trent Adair, Trent Adam, Trent Adams, Trent Adamson, Trent Adare, Trent Adcock, Trent Adler, Trent Adney, Trent Adrian, Trent Ady, Trent Agenlian, Trent Aguon, Trent Ahart, Trent Ahlers, Trent Aigler, Trent Aikens, Trent Ainscough, Trent Ainsworth, Trent Aisner, Trent Aistrope, Trent Aadland, Trent Acee, Trent Aiken, Trent Adkins, Trent Agecoutay, More results
Author: Rich Kachold
|Meaning||dweller by the Trent river, traveller, journey across, torrent +|
|Meaningnc||dweller by the trent river, traveller, journey across, torrent +|
|Rank in 2000s||246 +|
|Related||Trenten +, Trentin +, and Trenton +|