|Pronunciation:||RAHN-awld or RON-uld|
|Meaning:||having God’s power, advisor to the king, mighty, powerful|
|Related Names:||Rinaldo, Ron, Ronnie, Ronny|
ORIGIN AND HISTORY
Ronald is a masculine proper name originating from the German Teutonic and Scandinavian and meaning "Having the Gods' Power" and "decreeing powers." 
Ronald is the Gaelic form of a Norse name, Rögnvaldr. It originally meant “Wise Ruler” from “ragin” (advice) and “vald” (strength, rule).It was uncommon in Anglo-Saxon times (as Regenweald), but popular with the Normans (as Reinold). The Scottish Gaelic form Ronald became popular again during the mid-20th century.
Social Security Administration
|Year of Birth||Rank|
- February 12th is declared a Name Day for the name Ronald by the Slovenian government.
- Swedes celebrate the 16th of May as a Name Day for the name Ronald.
- July 16 is celebrated as a Name Day in Estonia.
- Saint Ronald is recognized by the Catholic Church with a day in his honor on August 20th.
- St. Ronald was a warrior chieftain in the Orkney Islands in Scotland. Having made a vow to build a church and fulfilling it by erecting the cathedral of St. Magnus at Kirkwall, Ronald was later murdered by a group of rebelling warriors. This murder, and its view as martyrdom, is was largely responsible for his sainthood within the Catholic Church. 
- RONALD - Rocketborne Optical Neutral gas Analyzer with Laser Diodes
- St. Ronald
- Ronald Wilson Reagan, 40th President of the United States (1981-1989)
- Ronald H. Coase, Nobel Prize Winner, Economics 1991
- Ronald George Wreyford Norrish, Nobel Prize Winner, Chemistry 1967
- Ronald Ross, Nobel Prize Winner, Medicine 1902
- Ronald Bellamy, football player
- Ronald Breslow, Pioneer in organic chemistry
- Ronald Colman, actor/entertainer
- Ronald Craufurd Munro-Ferguson, former governor-general of Australia
- Ronald Curry, football player
- Ronald Dupree, basketball player
- Ronald Evans, Astronaut
- Ronald Fields, football player
- Ronald Flemons, football player
- Ronald Francis, hockey player
Ronald Smith, Ronald Johnson, Ronald Williams, Ronald Jones, Ronald Brown, Ronald Davis, Ronald Miller, Ronald Wilson, Ronald Moore, Ronald Taylor, Ronald Aadnes, Ronald Aadt, Ronald Aafedt, Ronald Aaker, Ronald Aakre, Ronald Aal, Ronald Aalseth, Ronald Aalund, Ronald Aalvik, Ronald Aarstad, Ronald Aase, Ronald Aasheim, Ronald Aasland, Ronald Aasted, Ronald Aatlo, Ronald Aavang, Ronald Abadam, Ronald Abadie, Ronald Aston, Ronald Balchunas, Ronald Cabral, Ronald Aaberg, Ronald Aaby, Ronald Aakjar, Ronald Aalderks, Ronald Aalfs, Ronald Aalgaard, Ronald Aanderud, Ronald Aanerud, Ronald Aardema, Ronald Aarhus, Ronald Aarns, Ronald Aaron, Ronald Abaid, Ronald Abalos, Ronald Abamonte, Ronald Aborka, Ronald Allenbaudh, Ronald Allenbaugh, Ronald Gagnon, More results
|Meaning||having God’s power, advisor to the king, mighty, powerful +|
|Meaningnc||having god’s power, advisor to the king, mighty, powerful +|
|Origin||Scandinavian +, German +, Old Norse +, and Gaelic +|
|Pronunciation||RAHN-awld or RON-uld +|
|Rank in 2000s||236 +|
|Related||Rinaldo +, Ron +, Ronnie +, and Ronny +|