|Related Names:||Raquel, Richelle, Roch, Rochele, Rochell, Rochella, Rochette, Roschella, Roschelle, Roshelle, -elle|
ORIGIN & HISTORY
Rochelle is a French and Old German name that originates from the French town of La Rochelle. La Rochelle lies on the Bay of Biscay on the French Atlantic coast. It was found in the 10th Century and it became an important harbor in the 12th Century. La Rochelle was France's largest harbor until the 15th Century. The French/Old German origin gives the meaning "little rock."
Rochelle is also a female variant of the Italian name Rocco. Rocco comes from the Christian Saint Rocco/Roch who lived in Italy during the 13th and 14th Century. He is the patron saint of the sick. Rocco stems from the German word hrok. This Italian/German origin gives the meaning "rest."
Rochelle first entered the top 1000 female newborn names in the United States in 1921. It was short lived as it did not return to the top 1000 until 1933; however, it managed to stay in the top 1000 until 1999. It peaked in 1969 as the 236th most popular name and subsequently steadily declined to its current position outside the top 1000. The United States does not track names outside the top 1000. Rochelle has not been one of the top 10 names in any country during the past few years.
The numerology methods score for the name is 6. This means that someone with this name will be a type of caregiver. The numerology motives score for the name is 7, which means that someone with this name will grow to be eccentric. The numerology appearance score for the name is 8, which means that someone with this name will be seen as confident, authoritative, and decisive.
- Five towns in the United States are named after Rochelle. They are in Florida (unincorporated), Georgia, Texas, Virginia and Illinois. New York also has a New *Rochelle and New Jersey has a Rochelle Park.
- Rochelle, Guillermo is a town in Argentina.
- Rochelle salt refers to potassium sodium tartrate.
- "Rochelle, Rochelle" is a fictional film referred to in the television series "Seinfeld".
- La Rochelle is the name of Iron Chef French Hiroyuki Sakai's restaurant in Shibuya, Japan.
- Rochelle Rock is a character in the American television series "Everybody Hates Chris".
- Rochelle Alers, American romance novelist, DOB August 7 unknown year.
- Rochelle Pangilinan, Filipina actress/rapper/dancer, DOB May 23, 1982.
- Rochelle Hudson, American actress, DOB March 6, 1914.
- Rochelle Aytes, American actress, DOB May 17, 1976.
- Rochelle Ballard, American surfer, DOB February 13, 1971.
Rochelle Smith, Rochelle Johnson, Rochelle Williams, Rochelle Jones, Rochelle Brown, Rochelle Davis, Rochelle Miller, Rochelle Wilson, Rochelle Moore, Rochelle Taylor, Rochelle Adickes, Rochelle Anson, Rochelle Abbington, Rochelle Abrantes, Rochelle Achoe, Rochelle Aaranson, Rochelle Aaron, Rochelle Aaser, Rochelle Abad, Rochelle Abady, Rochelle Abalos, Rochelle Abante, Rochelle Abate, Rochelle Abbas, Rochelle Abbey, Rochelle Abbott, Rochelle Abdelaziz, Rochelle Abdullah, Rochelle Abel, Rochelle Abeles, Rochelle Abelson, Rochelle Abercrombie, Rochelle Abere, Rochelle Abero, Rochelle Abeyta, Rochelle Ablah, Rochelle Abner, Rochelle Aboo, Rochelle Aborido, Rochelle Aboulhosn, Rochelle Abraham, Rochelle Abrahamson, Rochelle Abram, Rochelle Abramczyk, Rochelle Abramovitz, Rochelle Abramowitz, Rochelle Abrams, Rochelle Abramson, Rochelle Abrazaldo, Rochelle Abrego, More results
Author: David Bruggeman
|Meaning||little rock +|
|Meaningnc||little rock +|
|Origin||French +, and German +|
|Pronunciation||ROW-shell, roh-SHELL +|
|Rank in 2000s||0 +|
|Related||Raquel +, Richelle +, Roch +, Rochele +, Rochell +, Rochella +, Rochette +, Roschella +, Roschelle +, Roshelle +, and -elle +|