|Meaning:||good lance, rose, woman of Rhodes|
|Related Names:||Larhonda, Rhondda, Rhondelle, Rhondene, Rhondiesha, Rhonette, Rhonnda, Ronda, Rondel, Rondelle, Rondi, Ronnda|
This free name resource is powered, inspired and maintained by the community friendly domain registrar, Name.com. We offer domain names. premium domains, and cheap domain names. So whatever the origin, whether old or new, popular or rare, you can get your baby started with their very own web presence! Please join our effort by writing about a name subject not yet covered, or adding to an existing article. Muchas gracias.
ORIGIN AND HISTORY
The name Rhonda has several different origins.
- Rhonda is most likely of Welsh origin, from rhon meaning "spear" and da meaning "good." The meaning of Rhonda is therefore "good spear" or "good lance."
- Rhonda may come from Rhondda, the name of a river in Wales which means "noisy."
- Rhonda may also be a combination of the names Rhoda and Rhona. Rhoda derives from the Greek rhodon, meaning "rose." Rhona may derive from the Gaelic rona, meaning "rough island," or it may related to the name Rose. Rhoda may also be related to Rhodes, a region of Greece. Therefore, the name might mean "woman of Rhodes."
In the United States, the name Rhonda first appeared on the list of top 1000 most popular names for baby girls in the year 1935. It quickly rose up the chart and broke the top 100 in 1952. Rhonda was most popular in 1965, when it was the 37th most popular name to give baby girls. Rhonda remained a top 100 name until 1975, when it began a slow slide down the top 1000 chart. Rhonda last appeared on the chart in the year 1994.
Rhonda retained more popularity in Australia. In 1997, Rhonda was the 679th most popular girl's name in Australia.
- In mathematics, there is a concept called the Rhonda number. The mathematician who named this concept named it after a neighbor of his named Rhonda, whose address met the mathematical property he was describing.
- The original version of the Beach Boys song "Help Me, Rhonda" had a different spelling of the name: "Help Me, Ronda."
- Rhonda, Spain
- "Help Me, Rhonda" song by The Beach Boys
- Rhonda Adams: model (born November 27, 1971)
- Rhonda Byrne: television writer (born March 12, 1951)
- Rhonda Fleming: actress
- Rhonda Ross Kendrick: actress, daughter of singer Diana Ross (born August 14, 1971)
- Rhonda Paisley: author
- Rhonda Rydell: model
- Rhonda Shear: actress, comedienne (born November 12, 1954)
- Rhonda Roland Shearer: writer and artist
- Rhonda Sing: professional wrestler (born February 21, 1961)
- Rhonda Vincent: musician (born July 13, 1962)
Author: Sarena Ulibarri
|Meaning||good lance, rose, woman of Rhodes +|
|Meaningnc||good lance, rose, woman of rhodes +|
|Rank in 2000s||0 +|
|Related||Larhonda +, Rhondda +, Rhondelle +, Rhondene +, Rhondiesha +, Rhonette +, Rhonnda +, Ronda +, Rondel +, Rondelle +, Rondi +, and Ronnda +|