|Related Names:||Marissa, Narissa, Naryssa, Nereida, Nericcia, Nerina, Neryssa, Sirena|
ORIGIN AND HISTORY
Nerissa was most likely derived from the name Nereida, from the Greek term for "mermaid."
Nerissa may also be considered a variation of Marissa, which has a similar meaning: "of the sea."
Nerissa is an uncommon name in the United States. It has not appeared in the top 1000 most popular girls' names in any recorded year.
Nerissa is more popular in Australia. In the year 2000, Nerissa ranked as the 720th most popular girl's name.
- SS Nerissa: WWII cargo ship
- Nerissa is a character in the comic book and series W.I.T.C.H.
- Nerissa is a character in the 2006 animated film Shark Bait
- Queen Narissa is a character, portrayed by Susan Sarandon, in the 2007 film Enchanted
- Narissa is an evil character in the the Avalon roleplaying world.
- Nerissa Campbell: musician
- Nerissa Bowes-Lyon: British royalty (born February 18, 1919)
- Nerissa Nields: musician
- Nerissa Corazon Soon-Ruiz: Filipino politician (born October 31, 1956)
- Nerissa Tedesco: actress
- Nerissa Williams: actress
- Narissa Bond: folk musician
- Narissa Young: musician
Author: Sarena Emily Levinson
|Meaning||sea nymph +|
|Meaningnc||sea nymph +|
|Pronunciation||ner-ISS-ah, nah-RIS-ah +|
|Rank in 2000s||0 +|
|Related||Marissa +, Narissa +, Naryssa +, Nereida +, Nericcia +, Nerina +, Neryssa +, and Sirena +|