|Related Names:||Dori, Midoriko, Midorikawa|
ORIGIN AND HISTORY
The name Midori is of Japanese origin, and means "the color green." Many people will associate the name with the bright green melon liqueur which appears in many mixed drinks and cocktails.
According to one online dictionary, the Japanese word midori translates to "greenery," while the color green is translated as midoriiro.
Midori may also be used as a surname, also of Japanese origin.
In the United States, Midori is an uncommon first name for girls. It has not appeared on the list of top 1000 baby names in any recorded year.
According to WhitePages.com, Midori is number 572,122 on the list of most common surnames in the United States. Almost all of the people with the surname Midori are to be found in the state of California.
- Midori Melon Liqueur was first introduced in the United States in 1978.
- Midori Melon Liqueur
- Midori-ku, Japan
- Midori, Japan
- Midori Days: manga series
- Midori: Japanese jazz-punk band
- Midori Ribbon: ribbon and handmade paper
- Midori America Corporation: Japanese distributing company
- Midori Jewelry
- Midori Gotō: violinist (born October 25, 1971)
- Midori Hirano: musician (born 1979)
- Midori Hirose: artist (born 1973)
- Midori Ito: figure skater (born August 13, 1969)
- Midori Snyder: author
- Midori (stage name, real name Michele Evette Watley): porn star (born July 19, 1968)
Author: Sarena Ulibarri
|Rank in 2000s||0 +|
|Related||Dori +, Midoriko +, and Midorikawa +|