|Related Names:||Lallie, Leelee, Lil, Lila, Lilah, Lilas, Lili, Lilia, Lilian, Liliana, Liliane, Lilias, Lilibeth, Lilie, Lilla, Lilley, Lilli, Lillia, Lillian, Lillianne, Lillika, Lillita, Lilly, Lily, Lilyan, Lilyanne|
ORIGIN AND HISTORY
The name Lillie was a favorite choice in the early twentieth century, ranking among the top 100 names for girls from 1900 through 1927. Its popularity gradually waned over the years, however, until it no longer ranked in the top 1000 names in 1975. In 1998, it once again made the top 1000 list, and has been slowly moving up in the rankings ever since. 
- 2007: Rank = 487
- 2006: Rank = 487
- 2005: Rank = 503
- 2004: Rank = 572
- 2003: Rank = 633
- 2002: Rank = 653
- 2001: Rank = 739
- 2000: Rank = 759
- 1999: Rank = 807
- 1998: Rank = 875
The Lillie Bridge Grounds was a sports ground that opened in 1867 in London, England, near the present-day Stamford Bridge, a football stadium on the border of Fulham and Chelsea. Sports contested at the grounds included athletics, bicycle racing, football, and cricket. It was also the location of hot air balloon festivals and country fairs during the Victorian era. The Lillie Bridge Grounds began to fall into disuse after the opening of the Stamford Bridge in 1877, finally closing after a riot in September 1887, during which the track and grandstand were destroyed.
- Lillie- a town in Union Parish, Louisiana, with a population of 139 in 2000 (according to the 2000 Census).
- Lillie - 1978 British television miniseries starring Francesca Annis as Lillie Langtry.
- Lillie Langtry (1853-1929) - a highly successful British actress renowned for her beauty. She had a number of prominent lovers, including the future king of England, Edward VII. Orignal name: Emilie Charlotte Le Breton.
- Lillie Blake (1835-1913) - American woman suffragist and reformer
- Lillie Hitchcock Coit (1842-1929) - volunteer firefighter and philanthropist
- Lillie Cowen (1851-1939) - first woman to translate the Haggadah.
- Lillie Burke (died 1949) - one of the original founders of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Society, the first sorority founded by African-American women
- Lillie Mae Carroll Jackson (1889-1975) - civil rights activist and organizer of the Baltimore branch of the NAACP
With Lillie as a surname:
- Count Axel Lillie (1603-1662) - Swedish soldier and politician
- Frank Rattray Lillie (1870-1947) - early American zoologist and pioneer in the study of embryology
- Beatrice Lillie (1894-1989) - Canadian comic actress
Lillie Johnson, Lillie Williams, Lillie Jones, Lillie Brown, Lillie Davis, Lillie Miller, Lillie Wilson, Lillie Moore, Lillie Taylor, Lillie Acciari, Lillie Abdussamad, Lillie Adames, Lillie Adamson, Lillie Abbitt, Lillie Abdullah, Lillie Abel, Lillie Abraham, Lillie Acosta, Lillie Adger, Lillie Adkinson, Lillie Aaron, Lillie Aarvig, Lillie Abbott, Lillie Abels, Lillie Abercrombie, Lillie Abernathy, Lillie Abner, Lillie Abney, Lillie Abram, Lillie Abrams, Lillie Abron, Lillie Absher, Lillie Acee, Lillie Acevedo, Lillie Ackah, Lillie Ackerman, Lillie Ackman, Lillie Acree, Lillie Actkins, Lillie Adair, Lillie Adamek, Lillie Adamo, Lillie Adams, Lillie Adasi, Lillie Adcock, Lillie Adcox, Lillie Addington, Lillie Addison, Lillie Adell, Lillie Ademuyiwa, More results
Author: Samantha Bell
|Rank in 2000s||589 +|
|Related||Lallie +, Leelee +, Lil +, Lila +, Lilah +, Lilas +, Lili +, Lilia +, Lilian +, Liliana +, Liliane +, Lilias +, Lilibeth +, Lilie +, Lilla +, Lilley +, Lilli +, Lillia +, Lillian +, Lillianne +, Lillika +, Lillita +, Lilly +, Lily +, Lilyan +, and Lilyanne +|