|Meaning:||fire born, handsome|
|Related Names:||Ken, Kendra, Kenina, Kenneth, Kennette, Kennia, Kennina, Makenna, Mckenna|
ORIGIN AND HISTORY
The name Kenna originates as a feminine form of the boy’s name Ken or Kenneth, which derives from the Gaelic “Cinaed” or “Cionaed” meaning “born of fire” as well as “Caioneach” or “Coinneach” meaning “comely” or “handsome.”
According to the 1990 United States Census , Kenna ranked as the 1,925th most popular female first name and the 15,462nd most popular last name. In the United States, the name did not rank in the Top 1,000 most popular girls' names until the year 2000, although it ranked as the 1,0001st most popular girls' names in 1999.
According to the Social Security Administration , in the 21st century, the name ranked in the Top 1,000 most popular girls' names every year from 2000 (993rd) through 2006 (924th).
United States Popularity of the girl's name Kenna in the 21st Century:
- Year: 2006 Rank:924th
- Year: 2005 Rank:858th
- Year: 2004 Rank:799th
- Year: 2003 Rank:821st
- Year: 2002 Rank:811th
- Year: 2001 Rank:934th
- Year: 2000 Rank:993rd
- “Kenna” was the name of a category five hurricane during the 2002 Pacific hurricane season, which has the distinction of the being the second most intense Pacific hurricane recorded to date.
- “Kenna” is the name of locations in New Mexico and West Virginia, USA.
- “Kenna” is the stage name of Ethiopian-American eclectic, alternative rock musician Kenna Zemedkun.
- Jeffrey Jude Kenna – Irish soccer player (defender) who played for the Republic of Ireland’s men’s National B team in 1994, followed by making the Ireland National team, for which he accumulated twenty seven appearances.
- Edward Kenna – Former member of the Australian Imperial Force who received the highest military award, the Victoria Cross, for his efforts during World War II.
- Jack Kenna – Gaelic football player who was considered one of Ireland’s great players during the 1950s, who won three Railway Cup medals in 1955, 1959 and 1961.
- Michael "Hinky Dink" Kenna – Politician who was the First Ward Alderman (1897 – 1923) of Chicago, United States of America.
- Peter Joseph Kenna – Australian playwright, screenwriter and actor of the 20th century.
- John Edward Kenna – 19th century American politician who was a United States Senator (Class 2) from West Virginia (1883 – 1893) and a U.S. Representative of West Virginia's 3rd Congressional District (1877 – 1883).
Kenna Smith, Kenna Johnson, Kenna Williams, Kenna Jones, Kenna Brown, Kenna Davis, Kenna Miller, Kenna Wilson, Kenna Moore, Kenna Taylor, Kenna Agan, Kenna Anagnostou, Kenna Allen, Kenna Ashurst, Kenna Atherton, Kenna Ablakovic, Kenna Acker, Kenna Ackerman, Kenna Acquarelli, Kenna Adair, Kenna Adkins, Kenna Akers, Kenna Alai, Kenna Baber, Kenna Bahr, Kenna Bailey, Kenna Baird, Kenna Baker, Kenna Bakke, Kenna Anderson, Kenna Thomas, Kenna Jackson, Kenna White, Kenna Harris, Kenna Martin, Kenna Thompson, Kenna Garcia, Kenna Martinez, Kenna Robinson, Kenna Clark, Kenna Rodriguez, Kenna Lewis, Kenna Lee, Kenna Walker, Kenna Hall, Kenna Young, Kenna Hernandez, Kenna King, Kenna Wright, Kenna Lopez, More results
Author: Rich Kachold
|Meaning||fire born, handsome +|
|Meaningnc||fire born, handsome +|
|Pronunciation||KEN-ah, KEN-nah +|
|Rank in 2000s||810 +|
|Related||Ken +, Kendra +, Kenina +, Kenneth +, Kennette +, Kennia +, Kennina +, Makenna +, and Mckenna +|