|Pronunciation:||hwahn, wahn, JOO-an|
|Meaning:||God is gracious|
|Related Names:||Johannes, John, Jon, Jose, Juana, Juancarlos, Juanita, Juanito, Juanluis, Juanna, Juanpablo, Juwan|
ORIGIN AND HISTORY
According to the 1990 United States Census , Juan ranked as the 52nd most popular male first name, the 1,858th most popular female first name and the 6,595th most popular last name. In the United States, the name ranked in the Top 1,000 most popular boys' names every decade since 1880.
According to the Social Security Administration , in the 21st century, the name ranked in the Top 1,000 most popular boys' names every year from 2000 (48th) through 2007 (63rd).
United States Popularity of the boy's name Juan in the 21st Century:
- Year: 2007 Rank:63rd
- Year: 2006 Rank:61st
- Year: 2005 Rank:55th
- Year: 2004 Rank:54th
- Year: 2003 Rank:55th
- Year: 2002 Rank:54th
- Year: 2001 Rank:54th
- Year: 2000 Rank:48th
- “Don Juan” is a fictional literary figure who successfully seduces women. Subsequently, “Don Juan” has become synonymous with ladies’ men who are powerful in the art of seduction.
- “Juan” was the name of a category two hurricane during the 2003 Atlantic Hurricane Season, which struck eastern Canada. 
- “Juan Valdez” is a fictional character who has become synonymous with Colombian coffee through a variety of television advertisements.
- Juan Alberto González Vázquez – Professional Major League Baseball (MLB) player (right fielder) who was named the American League’s (AL) Most Valuable Player (MVP) in 1996 and 1998. He was also an All Star in 1993, 1998 and 2001.
- Juan Domingo Peron – 29th and 41st President of Argentina during the 20th century who was married to the famous Evita or María Eva Duarte de Perón.
- Juan Ramón Jiménez – Won the Nobel Prize for literature in 1956.
- Juan Carlos Ferrero Donat (nicknamed Mosquito) – Professional tennis player from Spain who reached number one in the World Rankings in 2003 when he won the French Open singles title.
Juan Ruiz, Juan Smith, Juan Johnson, Juan Williams, Juan Jones, Juan Brown, Juan Davis, Juan Miller, Juan Wilson, Juan Moore, Juan Taylor, Juan Aaron, Juan Aaroz, Juan Abac, Juan Abad, Juan Abadia, Juan Abadilla, Juan Abado, Juan Abalony, Juan Abalos, Juan Aban, Juan Abanathy, Juan Abanto, Juan Abarca, Juan Abarca-velazquez, Juan Abarientos, Juan Abascal, Juan Abasta, Juan Abastta, Juan Abate, Juan Abatto, Juan Abaunza, Juan Abaya, Juan Abbadie, Juan Abbott, Juan Abdala, Juan Abdalah, Juan Abdel, Juan Abdemur, Juan Abdo, Juan Abdulla, Juan Abe, Juan Abea, Juan Abear, Juan Abeita, Juan Abeja, Juan Abel, Juan Abelaira, Juan Abelairas, Juan Abelaires, More results
Author: Rich Kachold
|Meaning||God is gracious +|
|Meaningnc||god is gracious +|
|Pronunciation||hwahn, wahn, JOO-an +|
|Rank in 2000s||55 +|
|Related||Johannes +, John +, Jon +, Jose +, Juana +, Juancarlos +, Juanita +, Juanito +, Juanluis +, Juanna +, Juanpablo +, and Juwan +|