|Pronunciation:||ee-mahn-yoo-el, ee-MAN-yoo-el, eh-mah-nu-EL, e-man-WEL, e-MAN-u-ell|
|Meaning:||God is with us|
|Related Names:||Emilio, Emma, Immanuel, Manuel, Manny, Eman, Emanual, Emanuel, Emanuele, Emanuelle, Emmanual, Emmanuele, Emmanuelle, Emmannuele, Emmonual, Emmonuel, Emonual, Emonuel, Imanuel, Immanuele, Manual, Manuelo|
ORIGIN AND HISTORY
The name Emmanuel derives from the Greek “Emmanouel,” which originated from the Hebrew “Immanuel.” It derived from “immdnuel” meaning “God is with us.”
In mythology, Emmanuel was an angel of the fiery furnace, falling under the 3rd seal in conjuring rites. In the cabala, Emmanuel was one of the ten manifestations of God in the Kingdom.
According to the 1990 United States Census, Emmanuel ranked as the 512th most popular male first name and the 11,882nd most popular last name. In the United States, the name ranked in the Top 1,000 most popular boys' names six decades since 1880, including every decade since 1950. The variation Emanuel ranked in the Top 1,000 most popular boys' names every decade since 1880. In the 21st century, the name Emmanuel has ranked in the Top 200 most popular boy’s names each year from 2000 (191st) through 2006 (166th).
United States Popularity of the boy's name Emmanuel in the 21st Century.
- Year: 2006 Rank:166th
- Year: 2005 Rank:160th
- Year: 2004 Rank:174th
- Year: 2003 Rank:183rd
- Year: 2002 Rank:182nd
- Year: 2001 Rank:193rd
- Year: 2000 Rank:191st
In the 21st century, in Sweden, the variant Emanuel has ranked in the Top 200 most popular boys' names each year from 2000 (101st) through 2006 (124th).
Sweden Popularity of the boy's name Emanuel in the 21st Century.
- Year: 2006 Rank:124th
- Year: 2005 Rank:129th
- Year: 2004 Rank:127th
- Year: 2003 Rank:104th
- Year: 2002 Rank:94th
- Year: 2001 Rank:98th
- Year: 2000 Rank:101st
- March 26th is celebrated in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and France in honor of the name Emanuel.
- June 17th is celebrated by the Catholic Church in honor of Bl. Emmanuel d'Abreu.
- July 10th is celebrated by the Catholic Church in honor of Bl. Emmanuel Ruiz.
- July 31st is celebrated by the Catholic Church in honor of St. Emmanuel Phung.
- September 17th is celebrated by the Catholic Church in honor of St. Emmanuel Trieu.
- "Emmanuel" is the name of a fictional character in William Shakespeare’s “Henry VI.”
- "Emanuel" is a post-hardcore band formerly known as “Emanuel Nice.”
- "Emmanuelle" is the fictional lead character of a series of adult softcore movies named after the character. The character was created in the 1959 book Emmanuelle by Emmanuelle Arsan.
- Immanuel Kant – German philosopher during the 18th century who is considered one of the most influential thinkers of the late Enlightenment.
- Emanuel (Maffeolit) Ungaro – French fashion designer in the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Manuel I – Fourteenth King of Portugal and the Algarves.
- Manuel II – Thirty fourth King of Portugal and the Algarves.
Emmanuel Smith, Emmanuel Johnson, Emmanuel Williams, Emmanuel Jones, Emmanuel Brown, Emmanuel Davis, Emmanuel Miller, Emmanuel Wilson, Emmanuel Moore, Emmanuel Taylor, Emmanuel Abalihi, Emmanuel Abanaka, Emmanuel Abdon, Emmanuel Abe, Emmanuel Abebe, Emmanuel Abebrese, Emmanuel Abesinbo, Emmanuel Abia, Emmanuel Abiodun, Emmanuel Ablaza, Emmanuel Ablo, Emmanuel Ablola, Emmanuel Addae, Emmanuel Agbo, Emmanuel Agbobock, Emmanuel Ewusi, Emmanuel Gabriel, Emmanuel Karl, Emmanuel Kwaku, Emmanuel Name, Emmanuel Olamide, Emmanuel Aba, Emmanuel Ababio, Emmanuel Ababon, Emmanuel Abad, Emmanuel Abadilla, Emmanuel Abar, Emmanuel Abaronye, Emmanuel Abarquez, Emmanuel Abate, Emmanuel Abaya, Emmanuel Abayomi, Emmanuel Abazis, Emmanuel Abban, Emmanuel Abbey, Emmanuel Abdul-rahim, Emmanuel Abeasi, Emmanuel Abedi, Emmanuel Abel, Emmanuel Abelard, More results
Author: Rich Kachold
|Meaning||God is with us +|
|Meaningnc||god is with us +|
|Pronunciation||ee-mahn-yoo-el, ee-MAN-yoo-el, eh-mah-nu-EL, e-man-WEL, e-MAN-u-ell +|
|Rank in 2000s||180 +|
|Related||Emilio +, Emma +, Immanuel +, Manuel +, Manny +, Eman +, Emanual +, Emanuel +, Emanuele +, Emanuelle +, Emmanual +, Emmanuele +, Emmanuelle +, Emmannuele +, Emmonual +, Emmonuel +, Emonual +, Emonuel +, Imanuel +, Immanuele +, Manual +, and Manuelo +|