|Related Names:||Dust, Dusty, Dus|
ORIGIN AND HISTORY
Dustin was commonly a surname later adapted to a first name. With both Scandinavian and Germanic origins, it means "valiant fighter” and "strong warrior" with its English roots as "Thor's stone" – often referring to a lightning bolt.
Social Security Administration - Empty rankings indicate the name was not among the 1000 most popular names for that year.
|Year of Birth||Rank|
With respect to popularity, Dustin holds the position internationally as follows:
107th - as a boy's name in Canada (BC) (1998) 120th - as a boy's name in Canada (BC) (1997) 125th - as a boy's name in Canada (BC) (1999) 158th - as a boy's name in Canada (BC) (2000) 159th - as a boy's name in Canada (BC) (2001) 163rd - as a boy's name in Canada (BC) (2002) 198th - as a boy's name in Canada (BC) (2005) 242nd - as a boy's name in Canada (BC) (2003) 288th - as a boy's name in Australia (NSW) (2003) 289th - as a boy's name in Australia (NSW) (2001) 523rd - as a boy's name in Canada (BC) (2004) 526th - as a boy's name in Australia (NSW) (1998) 537th - as a boy's name in Australia (NSW) (1997) 548th - as a boy's name in Australia (NSW) (2000) 1105th - as a boy's name in Belgium (2004) 1915th - as a boy's name in Belgium (2002) 2132nd - as a boy's name in Belgium (2003) 2343rd - as a boy's name in Belgium (2005) 
- St. Dustin served as a bishop and disciple of St. Columba of Iona in ancient Scotland. 
- July 11 is celebrated as the feast day of St. Dustin
NOTE: St. Dustin was a female but the contemporary use of the name is almost exclusively masculine
- Dustin, OK Population (1990): 429 Zip code(s): 74839
- Dustin the Big Hopper from Starlight Express.
- Dustin the Turkey, an Irish television puppet.
- Dustin Cherniawski, a canadian football player.
- Dustin Diamond, an American actor. (Screech from "Saved by the Bell.")
- Dustin Hermanson, an American baseball player.
- Dustin Hoffman, an American actor.
- Dustin Kensrue, an American musician.
- Dustin-Leigh Konzelman, a beauty queen and reality television contestant.
- Dustin Lyman, an American football player.
- Dustin Nippert, an American baseball player.
- Dustin Pedroia, an American baseball player.
- Jasmine Dustin, an American film and television actress and model. 
Dustin Smith, Dustin Johnson, Dustin Williams, Dustin Jones, Dustin Brown, Dustin Davis, Dustin Miller, Dustin Wilson, Dustin Moore, Dustin Taylor, Dustin Aagaard, Dustin Aamodt, Dustin Aashiem, Dustin Abare, Dustin Abels, Dustin Aber, Dustin Aberle, Dustin Abey, Dustin Abner, Dustin Abney, Dustin Abrahamson, Dustin Abrams, Dustin Abrego, Dustin Abshier, Dustin Abshire, Dustin Abston, Dustin Abt, Dustin Abtar, Dustin Aams, Dustin Aaronjohnston, Dustin Aarons, Dustin Aaronson, Dustin Abbey, Dustin Abbs, Dustin Abercrombie, Dustin Ables, Dustin Ableson, Dustin Abolafia, Dustin Abraham, Dustin Abram, Dustin Abrazado, Dustin Aaron, Dustin Abadco, Dustin Abbas, Dustin Abbott, Dustin Abdollahzadeh, Dustin Abegglen, Dustin Abel, Dustin Abell, Dustin Abernathy, More results
|Meaning||Thor’s stone +|
|Meaningnc||thor’s stone +|
|Origin||English +, and Scandinavian +|
|Rank in 2000s||207 +|
|Related||Dust +, Dusty +, and Dus +|