|Meaning:||man of prayer, full of goodness|
|Related Names:||Daelan, Dalan, Dallan, Daylan, Deccan, Decklan, Decklin, Declin, Deegan, Deklan, Deklin, Dekwan, Delane, Delani, Delano, Delany, Delon, Dequan, Devlen, Devlin, Devlon, Devlyn, Deylin, Dilan, Dillan, Dolan, Dylan, Dyllan, Kealan, Keelan, Keilan, Kelan, Kellan, Nolan|
This free name resource is powered, inspired and maintained by the community friendly domain registrar, Name.com. We offer domain names. premium domains, and cheap domain names. So whatever the origin, whether old or new, popular or rare, you can get your baby started with their very own web presence! Please join our effort by writing about a name subject not yet covered, or adding to an existing article. Muchas gracias.
ORIGIN AND HISTORY
The name Declan originates as an Irish name meaning “man of prayer” or “full of goodness.” It derives from the Irish “Deaglán.”
In the 5th century, Saint Declan was a Bishop and missionary preacher to Ireland.
According to the Social Security Administration , in the United States, the name did not rank in the Top 1,000 most popular boy's names until 1998, when it ranked 710th. In the 21st century, the name ranked in the Top 600 most popular boy's names every year from 2000 (545th) through 2006 (364th).
United States Popularity of the boy 's name Declan in the 21st Century:
- Year: 2006 Rank:364th
- Year: 2005 Rank:350th
- Year: 2004 Rank:431st
- Year: 2003 Rank:420th
- Year: 2002 Rank:439th
- Year: 2001 Rank:452nd
- Year: 2000 Rank:545th
In the 21st century, Declan has ranked in the Top 1,000 most popular boy’s names in New South Wales, Australia, Scotland, England and British Columbia, Canada. 
- July 24th is celebrated by the Catholic Church in honor of Saint Declan. 
- “Declan” is a name bestowed upon a child of celebrity Shane Mcmahon  as well as a child of actor Albert Finney.
- “Declan Mulqueen,” portrayed by Richard Gere, is the antagonist to Bruce Willis’ character “The Jackal” in the 1997 action-adventure thriller movie “The Jackal.” 
- “Declan,” played by Jonathan Rhys Meyers, is a character in the 2006 action adventure movie “Mission: Impossible III” starring Tom Cruise, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Ving Rhames,Billy Crudup, Michelle Monaghan, Keri Russell and Laurence Fishburne. 
- "Declan" is the name of the 2002 debut album of English singer Declan Galbraith, released when he was just ten years old. 
- Declan Patrick McManus (known as Elvis Costello) – English singer and songwriter who won a Grammy Award for “Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals” with Burt Bacharach for “I Still Have That Other Girl” in 1998. 
- Declan Joseph Oliver "Dec" Donnelly – English television personality who rose to recognition as half of the pop duo “PJ & Duncan” and is most well known, currently, as half of the duo “Ant & Dec” along with Anthony McPartlin. Both duos contain the same people, the former stemming from the television show “Byker Grove.” 
- Declan Costello – Attorney General of Ireland from 1973 to 1977. 
Declan Akandu, Declan Alcorn, Declan Alexander, Declan Aspel, Declan Barrett, Declan Anusionwu, Declan Bailey, Declan Baldwin, Declan Banaay, Declan Banfield, Declan Amaraegbu, Declan Bairdwatson, Declan Costello, Declan Donnelly, Declan Eady, Declan Cole, Declan Tallis, Declan Olsen, Declan Kerwin, Declan Intindola, Declan Joseph, Declan Keogh, Declan Brandt, Declan Mcguire, Declan West, Declan Quilligan, Declan Kearney, Declan Roberts, Declan Hart, Declan Ray, Declan Micheal, Declan Michael, Declan Shea, Declan Cain, Declan Todd, Declan Watters, Declan Mooney, Declan Luke, Declan Wild, More results
Author: Rich Kachold
|Meaning||man of prayer, full of goodness +|
|Meaningnc||man of prayer, full of goodness +|
|Pronunciation||DECK-lan, DECK-lin +|
|Rank in 2000s||406 +|
|Related||Daelan +, Dalan +, Dallan +, Daylan +, Deccan +, Decklan +, Decklin +, Declin +, Deegan +, Deklan +, Deklin +, Dekwan +, Delane +, Delani +, Delano +, Delany +, Delon +, Dequan +, Devlen +, Devlin +, Devlon +, Devlyn +, Deylin +, Dilan +, Dillan +, Dolan +, Dylan +, Dyllan +, Kealan +, Keelan +, Keilan +, Kelan +, Kellan +, and Nolan +|