|Meaning:||manly, an oath|
|Related Names:||Ar, Arlean, Arleen, Arlena, Arline, Arlyne, Arlen, Charlene, Darlene, Lee, Leenie, Leeny, Marlene|
ORIGIN AND HISTORY
Arlene has English and Irish roots that offer its definition as "manly," "courageous" and “an oath.” According to various sources, Arlene is almost the perennial alternative name to many others. Arlene is considered short for many modern names like Charlene, Darlene, Earlene, or Marlene. It is also considered a variation of Carlene and Charlene. 
According to the Social Security Administration, Arlene has not been one of the 1000 most popular names in the United States since 2005. Arlene is currently at its least popular ranking for the past 100 years. At its height in the 1930s, Arlene ranked in the top 100 most popular names from 1931 through 1945. After that year, it dropped steadily on average 100 spots per decade until the turn of the 21st Century. By 2006, Arlene had vanished from the list of the top 1000 most popular names in America.
- Arlene.com is a company and website dedicated to all of the aspects of professional cheerleading, from hair pieces to uniforms to fund raising.
- Arlene Wilson Management is a modeling agency that recently combined with Ford models in the Midwest United States.
- The Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall is located in Portland, Oregon and opened in 1984. The hall was originally the Portland Public Theatre when it was built in 1928.
- Tropical Storm Arlene was an atypically large and early tropical storm that formed in the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season. It was responsible for one death in Louisiana, and was the first tropical storm of that season.
- Arlene Dahl (b. 1928) is a famous Hollywood costume designer and motion picture actress active in films from the 1940s through the 1990s. She is also the mother of sometimes actor Lorenzo Lamas.
- Arlene Francis (born Arline Francis Kazanjian) (1907 - 2001) was an American motion picture actress, Broadway actress who appeared in 25 plays, game show host and radio announcer. She is perhaps best known in relatively recent pop culture (and through TVLand for her classy and intelligent contributions to Password and The Match Game).
- Arlene James is a novelist who has written over 70 novels in her 30 year career. She writes for both the Sillhouette and Harlequin Romance novel series.
- Arlene Seltzer (b. 1944) is a Republican State Representative from Columbus, Ohio.
- Arlene Sierra is a London-based American composer of orchestral, chamber and vocal music, and Lecturer at Cardiff University School of Music.
Author: Mike Szimanski
Arlene Smith, Arlene Johnson, Arlene Williams, Arlene Jones, Arlene Brown, Arlene Davis, Arlene Miller, Arlene Wilson, Arlene Moore, Arlene Taylor, Arlene Aadland, Arlene Rae, Arlene Abastillas, Arlene Adamski, Arlene Avidon, Arlene Aviera, Arlene Avila, Arlene Galado, Arlene Mae, Arlene Abat, Arlene Anforth, Arlene Aalderks, Arlene Abazaid, Arlene Alonzo, Arlene Ambur, Arlene Aalders, Arlene Aalvik, Arlene Aamot, Arlene Aanden, Arlene Aaron, Arlene Aarons, Arlene Aaronson, Arlene Aarskaug, Arlene Aase, Arlene Abad, Arlene Abadilla, Arlene Abajian, Arlene Abalahin, Arlene Abanis, Arlene Abarca, Arlene Abare, Arlene Abary, Arlene Abate, Arlene Abbas, Arlene Abbate, Arlene Abbatomarco, Arlene Abbe, Arlene Abbeg, Arlene Abbey, Arlene Abbinanti, More results
|Meaning||manly, an oath +|
|Meaningnc||manly, an oath +|
|Origin||English +, and Irish +|
|Pronunciation||AR-leen, ar-LEEN +|
|Rank in 2000s||908 +|
|Related||Ar +, Arlean +, Arleen +, Arlena +, Arline +, Arlyne +, Arlen +, Charlene +, Darlene +, Lee +, Leenie +, Leeny +, and Marlene +|