|Meaning:||from Aguilas in Spain, eagle's nest|
|Related Names:||Aguilar, Aguila, Aquilar|
ORIGIN AND HISTORY
The surname Aguilera, which is of Spanish origin, was originally given to a family who lived near an eagle's nest. Over time, villages in Spain were given the name Aguilera and the surname was bestowed upon people who lived in or near a placed called Aguilera. The most common origin for people with this surname is in the province of Soria.
The name Aguilera comes from the Latin aquilaria, meaning "place of the eagles." The Spanish word for "eagle" is águila.
According to WhitePages.com, the surname Aguilera is number 1,802 on the list of the most common surnames in the United States.
The pop singer Christina Aguilera is sometimes known by the name Xtina. The letter X has long been used as an abbreviation for Christ, as in X-mas. the shortening of Christ to X comes from the Greek spelling, which begins with the letter "chi," which is represented as an X.
- Aguilera Volcano, Chile
- Aguilera & Associates: communication experts
- NH Alberto Aguilera Hotel, Madrid, Spain
- Aaron Aguilera: wrestler (born February 28, 1977)
- Carolina Garcia-Aguilera: writer
- Christina María Aguilera: singer (born December 18, 1980)
- Diego Marín Aguilera: inventor (born 1757)
- Edward Aguilera: singer (born December 17, 1976)
- Jaime Roldós Aguilera: former president of Ecuador (November 5, 1940)
- Juan Miguel Aguilera: writer (born 1960)
- Julio Aguilera: painter, sculpter (born July 28, 1961)
- Rick Aguilera: baseball player (born 1961)
- Ventura Ruiz Aguilera: poet (born 1820)
Author: Sarena Ulibarri
|Meaning||from Aguilas in Spain, eagle's nest +|
|Meaningnc||from aguilas in spain, eagle's nest +|
|Rank in 2000s||0 +|
|Related||Aguilar +, Aguila +, and Aquilar +|